STG is staffed completely by volunteers, and auditions are open to anyone with a love or an interest in performing and live theatre. And remember, if being in the spotlight isn't your thing, there are lots of other ways to get involved!
Unless otherwise indicated, auditions are held in the Southside Theatre Guild auditorium at 20 W. Campbellton Street, Fairburn GA 30213.
SOUTHSIDE THEATRE GUILD proudly announces auditions for our non-Equity, non-paid production of:
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels The Broadway Musical
Book By Jeffrey Lane; Music By David Yazbek Based on the film “Dirty Rotten Scoundrels” Written by Dale Launer and Stanley Shapiro & Paul Henning
AUDITIONS DATES: Monday, April 11 – 7pm to 9:30pm Tuesday, April 12 – 7pm to 9:30pm
Audition Location: 20 West Campbellton Street Fairburn, GA 30213
Show Dates: Thursday – Sunday, July 21, 22, 23, 24 Friday – Sunday, July 29, 30, 31 Friday – Sunday, August 7, 8, 9.
Auditions are open to all in high school - adult; no appointments necessary!
Directors: Monique Hache and Jared Wright Choreographer: Monique Hache Musical Director: David Stephens
Lawrence Jameson makes his lavish living by talking rich ladies out of their money. Freddy Benson more humbly swindles women by waking their compassion with fabricated stories. After meeting on a train, they attempt to work together only to find that this small French town isn't big enough for the two of them. They agree on a settlement: the first one to extract $50,000 from a young female target, heiress Christine Colgate, wins and the other must leave town. A hilarious battle of cons ensues that will keep audiences laughing, humming and guessing to the end!
This production will be presented at Southside Theatre Guild; 20 West Campbellton Street, Fairburn, GA 30213.
NOTE: Ensemble Cast - Many featured roles, Older Role(s), Star Vehicle - Female, Star Vehicle - Male, Strong/Large Chorus The ages for the characters listed below and elsewhere in these pages represent the general age of the actor can “play” on stage. (For example, a man is 35, but can pass for 45.)
All roles are available
LAWRENCE JAMESON (Male; 40-60) an older, wiser, and sophisticated con artist. Actor, singer, good dance/movement with distinguished, cultured physical style. Needs to be able to affect Middle European and German / Austrian accents at different points in the show. (will have to sing with Austrian accent) G2 - Bb4 (Tenor)
FREDDY BENSON (Male; 20-35) a young and in-experienced con-artist. Actor, singer, good dance /movement /physically active, high energy. This actor also plays the part of a wheelchair confined vet and Lawrence’s crazy younger brother Ruprecht. A2 - B4 (Tenor)
CHRISTINE COLGATE (Female; 20-35) an American heiress vacationing on the French Riviera and the target of Lawrence and Freddy's bet. Actor, singer, some dance/movement with sweet innocent look and appeal (needs both a standard American and a Brooklyn accent) A3 - F#5 (Mezzo-Soprano)
ANDRE THIBAULT (Male; 30-50) the Chief of Police and Lawrence's French assistant. Actor, singer, some dance/movement with distinguished, businesslike persona. Needs to be able to affect a French accent. F2 - F4 (Bari-tenor)
MURIEL EUBANKS (Female; 40-50) a wealthy socialite, one of Lawrence's victims, and Andre's love interest. Actor, singer, some dance/movement with distinguished, wealthy air. E3 - C5 (Alto)
JOLENE OAKES (Female; 17-45) an American oil heiress from Oklahoma vacationing on the French Riviera. New money — think of a combination of Ado Annie / Gertie (from “Oklahoma!”) having recently won the lottery. Actor/Singer/good dancer/movement, spunky high energy Southern firecracker A3 - D5 (Alto)
LENORE (Female 17-30) a wealthy socialite, and one of Lawrence's victims (possibly from the Ensemble)
SOPHIA (Female; 17-30) A wealthy socialite, and one of Lawrence's victims (possibly from the Ensemble)
RENEE (Female; 20-45) A wealthy women and one of Freddy's victims (possibly from the Ensemble; French accent)
GERARD (Male; 20-45) Renee’s Jealous Husband (possibly from the Ensemble)
ENSEMBLE (Male/Female; 15+) are incredibly important in this play. They will play every other role in the show including: Croupier, Conductor Waiter, Nun, Hotel Manager, Maid Etc. These parts include singing, dancing, some lines and bits of business
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR THE AUDITION
1. For more information, please go to www.stgplays.com or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. All actors are required to audition with a one-minute, comedic monologue. If your character uses more than one accent, please bring two 30-second monologues. Also, please prepare a non-show-related, upbeat song. Think Cole Porter, the Gershwins, and/or Irving Berlin. A pianist will be available. Bring two copies of the sheet music with you.
3. Everyone auditioning will be required to participate in a dance audition. It is strongly advised that you wear appropriate shoes for dancing and comfortable clothing that is neither baggy nor too tight. NO FLIPFLOPS!
4. Audition sign-in will begin at 6:30pm so that we can begin auditions at 7pm.
5. The Read-through will be on Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 7:00 pm. All should attend.
6. You should expect four rehearsals per week, three evenings during the week and Saturday afternoons. These rehearsals will be broken up by singing, dancing, and/or acting. We will provide a calendar that will indicate which rehearsals you will need to attend. All cast members should plan to be available most evenings for the weeks prior to opening night.
7. All cast members are requested to assist with set construction and strike. Set construction will take place on Saturdays from 10am until 2pm (or later).
Links about show: MTI: http://www.mtishows.com/show_detail.asp?showid=000289Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Rotten_Scoundrels_%28musical%29Guide to Musical Theater: http://www.guidetomusicaltheatre.com/shows_d/dirtyrottenscoundrels.htm About The Movie: IMBD: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095031/Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Rotten_Scoundrels_%28film%29
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI, 421 West 54th Street, New York, NY 10019 Tel.: (212) 541-4684 Fax.: (212) 397-4684www.MTIShows.com
*DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS is intended for adult audiences and it may contain adult language and situations