Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Adapted by Jeffrey Hatcher from the novella Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
Please note: This is not the musical version.
February 18, 2019 | 7PM
February 19, 2019 | 7PM
Southside Theatre Guild
20 W. Campbellton Street
Fairburn, GA 30213Directions
May 2 - 5, 2019
May, 9 - 12, 2019
(Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8:00 PM, Sunday at 2:30 PM)
A new and shocking version of Robert Louis Stevenson's classic tale of depravity, lust, love and horror. On the fog-bound streets of Victorian-era London, Henry Jekyll's experiments with exotic "powders and tinctures" have brought forth his other self—Edward Hyde, a sensualist and villain free to commit the sins Jekyll is too civilized to comprehend. When Hyde meets a woman who stirs his interest, Jekyll fears for her life and decides to end his experiments. But Hyde has other ideas, and so the two sides battle each other in a deadly game of cat-and-mouse to determine who shall be the master and who his slave. With multiple Hydes portrayed by members of the cast.
This is a community theater and all parts are available for non-equity actors.
For more information after reading the requirements below, please contact director Jackie Williams or assistant director Emily Dayton at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
- Headshots and resume are helpful, but not required. Please have information available during auditions to identify any possible conflicts with the rehearsal schedule (which will be posted at auditions).
Will be casting 5 men and 3 women.
- One actor will play Jekyll (actor range should be late 20’s to early 40’s)
- Actor 1 will play 4 parts including Utterson (solicitor) and one of the Hydes (Actor range 40s and up)
- Actor 2 will play 6 parts including theinspector and one of the Hydes (Actorrange late 20s to 30s)
- Actor 3 will play 6 parts including the Hyde who has the more romantic scenes with Elizabeth (Actor range late 20s to 30s)
- Actor 4 will play 3 parts including Mr. Sanderson and Sir Danvers Carew (Actor range 30s and up)
- One actress will play Elizabeth (actress range should be late 20’s to early 40’s)
- Actress 1 will play 6 parts including 2 male parts – the Butler & Hyde (Actress range should be 30 and up)
- Actress 2 will play 4 parts including a young girl and a lady of ill repute. (Actress range should be late teens to early 30s)
For additional information and / or questions please contact either the director, Jackie Williams or Assistant Director, Emily Dayton at email@example.com