Flowers for Algernon
by David Rogers, based on the novel by Daniel Keyes
May 14, 2018 | 7PM
May 15, 2018 | 7PM
Southside Theatre Guild
20 W. Campbellton Street
Fairburn, GA 30213Directions
July 12, 13, 14, 15
July 19, 20, 21, 22
The compelling story of Charlie Gordon, willing victim of strange experiment – a moron, a genius, a man in search of himself. Poignant, funny, tragic, but with a hope for the indomitable spirit of man, this unusual play tells a story you will long remember.
This play will be set in the early 1960s.
For additional information and / or questions please contact the director, Keith Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All-volunteer, non-equity auditions
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script
- Headshot and resume are helpful, but not required.
- Charlie Gordon as a child (actor should look 6-10 years old)
- Charlie Gordon as a teenager (actor should look 14-16 years old)
- Charlie Gordon as an adult (mid 20s-30s)
- Norma Gordon, Charlie’s sister, as a child (actress should look 6-10 years old)
- Norma Gordon, Charlie’s sister as an adult (around 30)
- Dr. Strauss and Professor Nemur (male actors should look to be in their 40s or 50s)
- Alice Kinnian, Charlie’s teacher (20s – 30s)
- Mrs. Donner, Owner of the Bakery where Charlie works, (50s or older)
***There are many other adult roles available where doubling will be utilized (i.e. one actor might play a Nurse in one scene and a concert-goer in another). ***